After playing around with ChatGPT, one thing that struck me as strange was how convincing and certain it can sound while it gives you false information. I noticed that it frequently cites things incorrectly, "hallucinates" information, and gives made-up or inaccessible sources. Because of this, I had the idea to create a two part "reality check" assignment with GPT. For the first part, I would give students a simple research assignment: "write a 1-2 page paper about _____" - and I'd give a timely, relevant topic that requires a decent amount of research. The twist is, they can only use ChatGPT to research things on the topic, to write the paper, and to cite their sources (in APA format). This shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes. For the second part, I would have the students act as if they were a teacher, grading their own paper - I'd tell them to proofread it, check it for errors, look at all the sources, etc. From doing some testing, I kno...
During week 2, I created a beginner-friendly Spanish quiz on Socrative. I included the code to my room in my blog post, but not a link to the page where you enter the code - I'm guessing that's why it's still listed as incomplete on my Elearning! My apologies - I'm republishing it here for easy access. The link is: https://b.socrative.com/student/#quiz The room code is: LANG2242
This is the screenshot I took using Techsmith Capture - it complements my how-to on basic file organization within Google Drive. As stated in my previous post, I believe this would help someone whose class or company uses Google interfaces. The picture could be especially useful to hang onto if someone didn't have time to look back on a video, as it outlines the most important button that displays several options and the rest is likely self explanatory from there.
Comments
Post a Comment